East Bank Office
Joseph S. Yenni Building
1221 Elmwood Park Blvd., Suite 101
Jefferson, LA 70123
Phone: (504) 736-6957
West Bank Office
1855 Ames Blvd., Suite A
Marrero, LA 70072
Phone: (504) 364-3512
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What is the purpose of Code Enforcement?
- The department enforces Parish Ordinances by investigating complaints and where valid issues violations. The department also regulates building construction to ensure compliance with the current adopted codes as mandated by the State of Louisiana Uniform Construction Code Council.
- What are your business hours?
- Both the Eastbank and Westbank offices are open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- NOTE: The Permitting and Plan Review sections may stop accepting customers at 3:00 p.m. depending on workload and complexity of project review necessary. However, you may file on-line anytime by going to www.mygovernmentonline.org
- What type of information do you need to report a complaint?
- The proper information is essential to the section investigating your complaint. You need to report the exact address of your complaint and a brief description of the complaint.
- What happens to my complaint?
- The appropriate section will send an investigator to the site within 3 working days. If a violation exists, the investigator will issue a violation or take the appropriate action required by the section handling the complaint.
BUILDING REGULATORY DIVISION:
The Building Regulatory Division performs a wide range of inspection activity including building, electrical,
plumbing, gas, and mechanical. This is to ensure the highest quality of construction and safety to building
HEED THE CODE
Following the rules is easy once you know what they are. The same holds true for the Parish’s Code of
Ordinances. Ordinances are rules we’ve all agreed to live by in Jefferson Parish. Basically, these rules help us
to be good neighbors.
DID YOU KNOW?
- A licensed plumber is required to install a new water heater
- A building permit is required to erect or replace a carport, shed, or fence
- A licensed electrician is required to perform any electrical work
- A Jefferson Parish Home Builder’s license is required to perform any work which value exceeds
- A licensed mechanical contractor is required to install or replace any a/c condenser
- You are allowed to hold two garage sales in one year, and a permit is required
- A property survey, with all existing improvements is required to obtain most building permits
- No construction is allowed over or encroaching upon any servitude
- To start a new business you can contact Inspection and Code Enforcement to obtain a new business start-up packet at (504)736-6957, or click on the tab titled New Business Start-Up
|PROBLEM:||SECTION TO CALL:|
|Vacant lot or house with high grass, trash or debris||
East bank & West bank (504)364-3540
East bank (504)736-6961
West bank (504)364-3542
East bank (504)736-6964
West bank (504)364-3500
|Open & Vacant House||
Dangerous Building Abatement (DBA):
East bank & West bank (504)364-3560
|What is property zoned?||
East bank (504)736-6320